An authorization agreement for non-parents or voluntary caregivers („authorization agreement“ in brief) authorizes the non-parent to: NOTE: The law was amended on September 1, 2017. The new law allows any adult caretaker to temporarily care for a child with an authorization form. See House Bill 871. Until now, an authorization agreement could only be issued to the child`s grandparent, aunt or uncle, adult sibling child or other voluntary guardian (if the child is placed under the authority of the custodian under a child safety agreement (CPS). An authorization agreement does not authorize the non-parent to accept an abortion or emergency contraception for the child. A parent may sign an „authorization agreement“ form to give a loved one or a non-approved parent the right to care for a child and make decisions. Unlike a court order, an authorization agreement may be terminated at any time by the parent. LINK TO THE FORM HERE. Read the Texas Family Code Chapter 34 Act here. At least one parent and non-parent must sign the form authorization agreement. If you are not a parent and you are concerned that the parent (or parents) will cancel the authorization agreement, you should consider obtaining a custody order. Here you will find information, instructions and forms: I need an SAPCR command.

I am not the parent of the child. Talk to a lawyer if you have any questions or need advice. If you do not yet have the parent`s written permission, Texas Family Code Chapter 35 has the option of asking the court to obtain this authorization. For more information on temporary authorization to care for a child, please see: Go to court. Any adult attendant may be allowed to make decisions for a child using the authorization form for non-parent or volunteer caregivers. See „Texas Family Code“ 34.0015. And if a parent who has not signed the authorization agreement does not have a visit or legal access, you do not need to send a copy of the agreement to the non-signatory parent if any of the following mentions are correct: Talk to a lawyer if you want someone other than the non-parents mentioned above to take care of your child and make decisions.